Join us as a HR Strategic Finance Partner supporting the HR Function
- For someone with strong stakeholder management skills and strategic awareness, this is a chance to provide support and challenge to the franchise in achieving its strategic goals
- You’ll be developing, shaping and influencing the strategic direction of the franchise and providing high quality strategic advice and insight to support decision making
- This challenging and rewarding role offers significant exposure and the opportunity to raise your profile across the bank
- This role can be based anywhere in the UK.
What you'll do
As a HR Strategic Finance Partner, you’ll be supporting and challenging the franchise in achieving its strategic goals and objectives by applying strong financial, product, market segment and cost and investment knowledge. You’ll be managing the primary relationship with the aligned franchise ExCo member and helping them to meet financial and non-financial goals, and we’ll also look to you to lead and manage a strategic team.
Your other key responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior leaders in the HR Function to ensure that HR deliver its budgeted headcount and cost targets, including ongoing management of risks and opportunities
- Proactively supporting new initiatives or structural changes from a financial perspective - both for Run the Bank and Change the Bank
- Key contact for both Finance and Transformation, including representing HR at key forums
- Delivering critical review and challenge to make sure that resources are optimally presented in investment decisions and business cases
- Driving all business finance requirements, including month end requirements, strategic planning, functional reporting requirements and ensuring the timely escalation of issues
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate, influence and resolve conflict at ExCo level. You’ll also need strategic awareness and the ability to apply business knowledge, expertise and challenge to support the business and identify long term impacts of plans.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty and risk and work in a flexible environment
- Strong financial knowledge and experience
- The ability to provoke and lead strategic change within senior executive teams
- The ability to lead, motivate and develop a team