ICT SUPPORT OFFICER
Information Technology Department, Conwy
37 hours per week, temporary 12 month FTC
NWFRS Grade 06 £27,105 to £30,099 per annum
(Pay is inclusive of 8.5% pay allowance for providing out of hours cover)
We are looking to appoint an ICT Support Officer to provide efficient ICT support and maintenance of the IT, communications and multimedia services for all users. Working within the busy ICT department, the successful candidates will be responsible for installing, removing and replacing software and hardware across all our buildings and vehicles, as well as offering technical advice, guidance and training to users. Working as part of the team, the ICT Support Officers will also assist the wider ICT team with the implementation of new initiatives relating to IT and communications.
The successful candidates will be self-motivated and organised, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities to successful conclusion. Problem solving and strong communication skills, both written and verbally, is essential to provide effective and successful technical resolution to the user.
The department is normally located at our office in Conwy, but staff are currently working remotely/from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic, with the ability to continue agile working in the future. The successful applicants will also provide out of hours ICT on-call cover on a rota basis.
Shortlisted applicants will need to demonstrate (with evidence) the following skills, as outlined in the job description and Person Specification:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent in an ICT related subject.
- Experience of working within an ICT environment.
- Good working knowledge of current and older Microsoft server based systems, operating systems and applications.
- Ability to work confidentially and with integrity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with speed, under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A pro-active and self-motivated approach with the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
- Hold a full UK Driving licence.
- Be able to hold a simple conversation at Welsh Level 2 – if not already demonstrated on application, this is to be achieved within a 12 month probation period, with support provided as appropriate.
- Appointment subject to National Police Vetting for disclosure checks and satisfactory references.
Further information about the role, including job description and application pack, is available on the North Wales Fire & Rescue website or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of application forms is 12.00 noon, 14.05.2021.