Location - Beckton
Business Unit - Training LFB
Main purpose of the role
To ensure the successful delivery of fire service training - IEC
* Face to face delivery of training to small and large groups of learners across London in station and classroom settings. Utilising agreed training methods and materials to ensure that course objectives are met.
* Assessing learner performance, recording results and providing feedback and action plans.
* Managing physical training resources including venues, vehicles and equipment, ensuring their availability, their security, and suitability for use before and after training.
* Completing course administration and other reports, including learner attendance and non-attendance, assessment of performance, action plans, evaluation records, course summaries etc.
* Assisting with miscellaneous projects as required
What do I need to do the role?
Key technical skills
* Comprehensive knowledge of IEC and an understanding of training processes and techniques, including needs analysis, planning, design, delivery and evaluation.
* Comprehensive technical knowledge in clinical care of patients.
* Delivering a range of knowledge and practical skills training sessions to both small and large groups.
* Assessing competence of individuals, recording results, providing feedback and writing action plans.
* Experience of managing students (including student welfare) on both residential and non-residential courses.
* Technical knowledge and practical experience of using a range of computer-based training equipment.
* Experience of using a range of training delivery and administrative software.
* Emergency Service Knowledge - An understanding of emergency service IEC protocols. An operational background using IEC or similar clinical knowledge
* Babcock International/London Fire Brigade - An understanding of the Babcock/LFB Partnership
Key Behavioural Competencies
* Confident manner
* Good communicator
* Ability to analyse and solve problems
* Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
* Effective coaching skills
* Natural ability to empathise with others
* Effective team worker
* Previous IEC qualification
* a recognised teaching qualification
* e.g. Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or AET
* A recognised assessor qualification
* e.g. Level 3 Awards/Certificate in Assessing and Assuring the Quality of Assessment (QCF) or A1 NVQ Award in Level 3 Assessing Learners
* Passed or able to pass the LAS evaluation.
If you are currently employed by Babcock please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing date: 29th August 2022