Illustrator Creative Designer
RAF Cranwell, Sleaford
About the role
We wish to appoint an Illustrator Creative Designer (ICD) reporting to the Media Manager at RAFC Cranwell. The ICD is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the production of a comprehensive range of original creative visual artwork in varying digital file formats and mediums using PC/MAC Information Systems and traditional graphic skills at RAFC Cranwell and its parented units.
You will be involved in the initial design stages of projects, including brainstorming, concept visualization and client communications, design and complex illustration of assets for animation, story boarding for video and graphic design, interactive Modelling & Animation, 2D Animation, Storyboarding, Time Based Media and CBT Authoring/e-learning, video, Web, Presentations, Multi-media, Design Graphics, Business Graphics, Illustrations, Exhibitions etc.
- Working from customer briefs across large projects and resources, advising customers, other professionals and design staff to deliver cost effective professional results.
- Pro-active in the use of analytical skills, evidence and research during task production.
- Responsible for setting and monitoring personal work patterns and priorities, maintaining records of work.
- Remain abreast of emerging instructional technologies and make recommendations about when to adopt new systems and techniques.
- Quality control of all media produced.
- Carry out any other duties in any locations as required to support the contract.
What do I need to do the role?
- NCF Level 5 qualification or equivalent in an appropriate subject which must contain a comprehensive skill base in the design and production of all aspects of creative and technical graphics, using conventional skill crafts and computer technology
- Ability to build effective relations with all customers, in communication, problem solving and decision making.
- Exceptional talent and ability to originate complex technical illustrations in freehand/digital formats and show in depth experience and thorough understanding of high quality CBT/e-learning, multi-media/digital presentations, web, design for print, and relevant software.
- Advance Professional working practice utilising, Adobe CC, After Effects, New Tek Lightwave or equivalent, Premiere, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritise work and work on multiple projects unsupervised at once.
- Full clean driving license
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Closing date: 21/11/2019