We are looking for someone to provide advice and information to all individuals receiving an Appointeeship in Worcestershire. This is a varied role: working from home and involving travel throughout the community. The successful candidate will be joining a leading not-for-profit organisation that provides independent living services to people with disabilities and health care needs nationwide.
Location: Worcestershire Salary: (FTE) £22,108 per annum / £14,938, pro rata
Hours: 25 hours per week Working Days: TBD with candidates
Closing Date: 15th August 2022 Working Times: Core hours (Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 5.00pm)
Interview date: W/C 22nd August 2022. Interviews may take place face to face or via video conferencing software. Further details will be discussed with applicants who are shortlisted for our screening telephone call process.
The Role - As an Independent Living Adviser (Appointeeships), your main duties will include:
- Acting as an appointee for a caseload of individuals to ensure all financial arrangements are properly documented and managed within Penderels Trust guidelines
- Ensuring Appointeeships are managed in a person centred approach that promotes the independence of the individual
- Ensuring that systems are in place for each individual receiving an Appointeeship and to ensure that they are safeguarded from fraud and financial abuse
- Liaising with Local Authorities, the DWP and other official agencies in all matters relating to Appointeeships including change of circumstances and to do this without unnecessary delay resulting in over/underpayments
- To organise and attend meetings and/or reviews with customers, colleagues and local authority staff where necessary including initial visits to new Appointeeships
- To keep up to date with changes to legislation relating to Appointeeships
- Entering and maintaining information on a central database relating to all individuals receiving an Appointeeship
Skills, Experience and Qualification - We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of providing information or advice to others or within a customer service environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, adapting your style to suit the audience
- Ability to manage diary and workload effectively
- Current driving licence and unrestricted use of vehicle
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to produce letters and other documents to a high standard
- Ability to input and maintain accurate data records
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work flexibly and to deadlines
- Hold minimum GCSE Grade 'C' or equivalent in English and Maths
This post is subject to the completion of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Perks: Employee assistance programme / Subsidised car breakdown cover / Death in service benefit / 23 Days annual leave, pro rata, plus bank holidays (Increased entitlement with length of service) / 2 Additional leave days in December (After 12 months service)
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident Employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled candidates who meet the job specification.