Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
- As a senior engineer We’ll look to you to lead by example, develop and implement core infrastructure technologies, products and services against customer and non-functional requirements
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you’ll make sure the infrastructure technology is engineered to comply with security, availability and resilience, performance and capacity
- You’ll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
What you'll do
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be contributing to and managing the selection, creation and maintenance of infrastructure technologies required to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring alignment to the Chief Technology Office (CTO) strategic targets and architecture outcomes.
You’ll also be:
- Making sure the required work in the platform backlog contains detailed acceptance criteria, which ensures that operations support or warranty period is clear and accountable once a system migration is complete
- Contributing to a high number of complex and risk exposed technical infrastructures
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Providing operational support to other infrastructure teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the organisation
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk based decisions. On top of this, you’ll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you’ll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Extensive experience of working with cloud technologies, IaC and Automation using agile methodologies
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature team, platform and domain
- A demonstrated track record of Stakeholder and supplier management, with a strong DevOps focused mind-set
- Driving software engineering best practice across technology and enabling adoption of the principles of cloud computing