Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
- We’ll look to you to develop and implement core infrastructure technologies, products and services against customer and non-functional requirements
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you’ll make sure the infrastructure technology is engineered to comply with security, availability and resilience, performance and capacity
- Your role will work across engineering teams and specialise in modern consumption practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You’ll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
What you'll do
As a T-Shaped Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be contributing to providing self service, predictable, secure and frictionless Technology Solutions.
You will work both within Product teams as a T-Shaped engineer and/or within Application teams helping them use our strategic products with modern consumption practices as priorities evolve within Technology.
In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you’ll make sure our products are engineered to comply with security, availability, resilience, performance, and capacity requirements using modern cloud consumption practices. Throughout the course of your work, we’ll look to you to help produce high availability and low-cost systems.
You’ll also be:
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Engineering products with the user in mind, and assisting the users in how to consume our products through Toolchains
- Providing operational support to other infrastructure teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the bank
- Fulfilling business continuity requirements by participating in disaster recovery exercises
- Making sure that decisions are made based on robust data, return on investment and value measures that demonstrate thoughtful and intelligent cost management
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk based decisions. On top of this, you’ll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you’ll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- A good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and cloud technologies
- The drive to make our products and services as frictionless as realistically possible using modern DevOps skills and knowledge
- A strong focus on personal development while working with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature team, platform and domain
- A clear understanding of the DevOps mind-set, collaboration, automation and tooling
- A background of working in a complex, multi-disciplined matrix team
- Experience in a combination of Operating systems, Databases, Storage & Backup, Terraform, TeamCity, Python, Bitbucket, Git, APIs, AWS, Azure, GCP, Puppet & Container platforms
- Experience of Safe and Agile methodologies and working in an Agile team