Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
- We’ll look to you to develop and implement core infrastructure technologies, products and services against customer and non-functional requirements
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you’ll make sure the infrastructure technology is engineered to comply with security, availability and resilience, performance and capacity
- You’ll work with colleagues across the bank, allowing you to expand your network and gain exposure for you and your work
What you'll do
As an Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps Engineer, you’ll be contributing to and managing the selection, creation and maintenance of infrastructure technologies required to meet the needs of our customers, ensuring alignment to the Chief Technology Office (CTO) strategic targets and architecture outcomes. Throughout the course of your work, we’ll look to you to help produce high availability and low-cost systems.
You’ll also be:
- Producing and providing ongoing management of infrastructure roadmaps, detailing lifecycles of the technology from new products and versions, through to end of support and retirement
- Providing operational support to other infrastructure teams in the event of major incidents or complex technical issues
- Building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across bank to make sure decisions made are commercially focused and create long term value for the bank
- Fulfilling business continuity requirements by participating in disaster recovery exercises
- Making sure that decisions are made based on robust data, return on investment and value measures that demonstrate thoughtful and intelligent cost management
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the ability to understand how your area of expertise supports customers, from the core development of technology to risk based decisions. On top of this, you’ll need a clear understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, and a broad knowledge across multiple platforms such as server, operating system, virtualisation, database, middleware or network.
Along with experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies and working closely with third parties on assurance of their output and managing their performance, you’ll need the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- A background in infrastructure engineering
- Experience of automation and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in engineering solutions in technologies such as Puppet enterprise, RHEL, Red Hat Satellite, Windows Server, Active Directory, Databases
- A passion to learn and deliver solutions across multiple technologies
- Comfortable working across multiple technologies and/or learning & upskilling in others
- Demonstrable experience of understanding and delivering customer technical outcomes