Join us as an Infrastructure Manager
- We're looking for an Infrastructure Manager to join us in shaping our bank of the future through innovation and technological advancement
- This unique role comes with a significant product management slant in addition to covering all aspects of service, cost, risk and people, making this a great opportunity to develop your skills in this area and open new career prospects
- With a broad spectrum of technology at your fingertips, you'll help to put the bank at the forefront of innovation by simplifying our services and creating the best experience possible
What you'll do
As an Infrastructure Manager, you’ll be delivering a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms, with a strong focus on direction and implementation in our public cloud platforms particularly Google Cloud Platform. You’ll be directing the platforms’ operational stability and performance of technology, including maintaining any systems utilities and tools provided by the platform that are consistent with the service management and risks and controls framework and processes.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Driving the team’s activities to make sure that automated solutions are delivered as code and the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps
- Encouraging innovation to develop a continual improving implementation approach at a deliverable pace, making sure that the priorities of stakeholders are delivered and support customer outcomes
- Planning and executing work within the platform and making sure that feature development requests from cross platform initiatives are responded to on time
- Articulating, championing and planning the frequent delivery of business value and customer enhanced experience, providing clear leadership to the teams to understand and focus on customer outcomes
- Seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform architecture, services and customer solutions, and guarding against introducing new complexities
- Collaborating with application, infrastructure and security stakeholders to agree requirements and deliver solutions in line with their expectations
The skills you'll need
Innovation and customer experience sit at the heart of this role, so we’re looking for someone with knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to deliver modern technology architectures at pace.
You'll need broad technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains with a particular focus on automation, modern application architectures, infrastructure as code and cloud technologies.
You'll also bring:
- An understanding of operational principles
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- A solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment where product management practices are used with continuous delivery and continuous integration release processes