We're building thriving communities as one of the UK's largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that's truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
In this exciting newly created position of Insight Lead. In this role you will need to use data to identify trends and themes for when/why things go wrong for customers across their customer journey.
Using root cause analysis techniques, you will demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement and influence to facilitate continuous improvement sessions to identify and monitor service improvements to prevent future complaints.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you'll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you'll achieve
In this role of Insight Lead you will prepare reports summarising complaint statistics, trends, and outcomes, identifying systemic issues or recurring problems.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop a strong understanding of regulatory obligations associated to complaint handling within the social housing sector to be able to identify risks associated through Orbit's complaint handling and failure in delivery of services resulting in complaints.
- Conduct reviews of determinations from the Housing Ombudsman with business areas to identify under-performance against areas of our customer journey.
- Demonstrate a confident ability to organise and facilitate root cause analysis sessions with senior stakeholders from different business areas, showing a good ability to influence decisions leading to improvement of services.
- Develop and build sustainable relationships with our partners to provide greater transparency on their performance and encourage continuous improvement through the delivery of their contracts.
- Develop sustainable relationships with engaged customers and ensure that the voice of the customer is represented throughout service reviews and improvement plans.
- Prepare concise reports and presentations, documents and briefings as required for a wide variety of audiences, being able to demonstrate the benefit impact realisation of improvement activities.
- Work closely with the central Data team in Orbit, becoming a part of their Virtual Team of PowerBI developers following best practices.
What you'll bring
In this Insight Lead position you will need strong analytical skills are essential for analysing determinations, complaint causes and outcomes, and finding appropriate improvements.
- Experience of working with and manipulating large data sets into tangible MI and experience of providing insight-based analysis
- Strong understanding of and ability to interpret regulatory obligations underpinning the sector.
- Experienced in stakeholder engagement and influencing.
- Experience of delivering effective working relationships with a varied customer and partner group
- Strong interpersonal skills, being a great communicator (both written & verbal).
- Business writing and reporting skills
- Previous experience within insight, analytics, or root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of key MI tools including PowerBI (Desktop and Service) and Excel tools (PowerPivot and PowerQuery)
- PL-300 Microsoft PowerBI Data Analyst certification
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here's what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you're a student, graduate or experienced professional we'll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We're proud to make a difference to people together. We're values-driven with a commercial focus on performance - because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.