Job Title: Integration Associate System Engineer
Department: Maritime Training, Tactics, Test and Evaluation Transformation - Radar Cross Section (RCS)
About the Role
To support the Radar Cross Section Capability, QinetiQ is developing two new radar cross section (RCS) measurement radar systems, an analysis suite and associated ancillary support systems. The QinetiQ RCS Capability undertakes the measurement of MOD assets: ships, aircraft etc., as part of LPTA a long-term core business. One radar system is to be fitted into a helicopter-mounted pod, the other will be a transportable ground based system (Gb System)
This opportunity is for an Integration Engineer to join this major defence programme with responsibility for undertaking integration activities in line with the RCS ground based Integration Strategy. Your role will be to work closely with the Gb System Integration Lead, to implement integration activities across a suite of technologies, to deliver the Gb System solution.
What will I be doing?
- Manage defined Gb System interfaces impacting the associated sub-systems and units in support of the overall delivery against requirements.
- Manage specific interfaces in terms of definition, documentation and implementation for allocated sub-systems and units.
- Effective, efficient integration of the individual packages of work that make up the Gb System scope of works & other interfacing Programmes /Projects.
- Co-ordination of interfaces & handover activities between Projects/Packages ensuring efficient interface management in line with the RCS Gb System Integration strategies.
- Under supervision, be capable of developing electrical and mechanical solutions, as well as undertaking part selections against specific requirements.
- Liaise with external suppliers with regard to technical solutions and interface definitions.
- Participate in integration workshops and feedback progress reports to the Integration Lead.
- Produce in depth design documentation to support design reviews and project milestones.
What do I need?
Essential skills, knowledge, capabilities:
- Engineering Integration Experience
- Systems Engineering
- Complex Interface Management
- Camera and Tracking Systems
- Radar Systems
- Communications Systems
- Aircraft Installation experience
- Network Design
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.