Interim Transport Manager | Greenford, United Kingdom | GB11652
We have a great opportunity for an interim Transport Manager to join our team in Greenford managing our Transport operations on behalf of Greene King, Food services. We are looking for an individual who is able to demonstrate success in delivering measurable improvements in efficiency and/or costs through implementation and sustainment of robust process, procedures and practises.
The successful candidate will join our team on a 6 month contract and will be responsible for ensuring a legal, effective and efficient transport operation, meeting the agreed delivery schedules and optimising fleet use whilst achieving service levels, cost criteria and human resource commitments.
- Responsibility for compliance with Company and Statutory requirements regarding operator license, H&S, service quality, drivers hours and tacho regulations, inclusive of WTD.
- Through effective leadership and clearly defined processes, ensure an operationally robust programme for building 'world class' health and safety standards, including Food Hygiene and HSE requirements. Comply with NSF/BRC standards.
- Lead and manage a culture that is focused on maintaining and continuously improving a 'world class' Health and Safety standard across the entire operation.
- Maintain relevant food safety & hygiene legislation commitments.
- Monitor fleet maintenance requirements and ensuring they are met.
- Responsible for transport department resource recruitment, induction, assessment and training, including agency staff.
- Monitor and put in place controls for the use of assets and consumables within the transport department.
- Ensure transport department operates within agreed Budget and KPI's, actively seeking ways to improve efficiency, performance and reducing costs.
- Preparation of transport daily, weekly and financial period performance reporting KPI's are submitted on time. Ensuring daily and weekly management information is compiled both for K&N and the customer and that this information is submitted accurately and on a timely basis.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum of 5 years Transport Management experience within Food Service environment. CPC National Holder.
- Excellent working knowledge of Transport Routing & scheduling software, such as Paragon. Excellent working knowledge of Transport legislation.
- Experience of cost control and working within budget.
- Flexible leadership style with ability to motivate staff and deliver results. Proven people management skills and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office user including Word Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to demonstrate success in delivering measurable improvements in efficiency and/or costs through implementation and sustainment of robust process, procedures and practises.
- Demonstrate sustainable improvements within Health & Safety and Human Resource areas.
- Experience of managing within a Trade Union environment. Formal Trade Union negotiations experience preferred.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team