About The RoleAbout this opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Building Services Engineer based in the Nottingham Office.
The role is to support the growth in our services team and our Electrical Engineering Lead as part of our services offering, whilst supporting our Building Surveying department with both inspection and design-based services.
We have many existing programmes of work which will require immediate involvement both within the Midlands and nationally, and we have a strong pipeline of opportunities going forward.Within this role you will be responsible for:
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Delivering M&E services; design, preparation of performance and traditional specifications and drawings, site inspections of works in progress, site surveys/condition reports etc.
- Preparation/ review of cost estimates throughout the RIBA plan of work stages
- Work collaboratively with service leads in the North, Midlands and South
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- Generous holiday allowance
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key SkillsEssential criteria;
- Passionate and driven about your profession
- In depth knowledge of current Electrical Building Regulations, Standards and relevant Building Bulletins
- Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar design consultancy practice
- We look for a combination of proven technical experience and skills, plus enthusiasm, drive and ambition
- The role can be Client facing at times and therefore excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- An understanding of the marketplace and drivers with regard to energy efficiency and decarbonisation
- Experience of witnessing testing and commissioning of services
- Ideally, you will be HND/HNC or Degree educated in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineer, , or similar with a good knowledge base and understanding of mechanical services.
- MS Office suite; Software design packages such as TRIMBLE (Amtech), HEVACOMP, Dialux/Relux, BIM & ACAD
- Hold or be working towards a professional membership with CIBSE or IET or similar.
Gleeds are happy to support ongoing career progression, including undertaking professional qualifications with IET or CIBSE etc.Desirable criteria;
- Experience or detailed understanding of decarbonisation of estates, CIBSE benchmarking and targeting. Improving energy efficiency and inclusion of design of renewable technologies including ASHP, Solar Thermal and Solar PV systems.
- Delivery of estate wide condition surveys to support pre- acquisition surveys, Technical Due Diligence.
- Life Cycle assessment and cost in use to support Planned and Reactive Maintenance, FM Compliance Reviews.
- Advising on design capacities to support utilities loadings / assessment and resilience risk.
- Evaluation of Contractor design proposals
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality