Do you give extra time and consideration to everything you do? Does achieving accuracy and clarity excite you? Are you committed to achieving excellence and working towards to the highest audit standards? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Internal Auditor, you will be part of the Internal Audit team supporting Credit Risk Assurance. This will allow the team to plan and execute IRB-relevant and meet expectations set out in article 191 of the capital requirements regulation, thereby supporting Metro Bank in the IRB application process to the PRA.
So what would you be doing?
• Supporting the Director of Internal Audit in discharging its responsibilities to the Audit committee
• Developing a multi-year risk-based audit plan that supports a program of audit work covering the relevant aspects of IRB
• Scoping and delivering high quality audits over the quality of the Bank’s IRB ratings system
• Developing high quality audit reports and identifying gaps and areas of improvements
• Maintaining adequate standards of documentation supporting audit conclusions
• Conducting continuous monitoring of IRB developments
• Keeping up to date on regulatory changes and industry best practices
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we wonder what might be the issue if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have experience of auditing IRB rating systems, credit risk frameworks, policies and procedures
• You must have knowledge of CRD IV/CRR directives, FCA/PRA regulations and IFRS9 standards
• It would be amazing if you had experience of credit risk data modelling and reporting for IRB
• In order to exceed in this role, you need strong analytical skills, experience of data governance and programming skills
• You need to have an understanding and experience in managing risks associated with the retail and commercial credit products, credit provisioning under IFRS9 and capital requirements