Inventory Planner | Wellingborough, United Kingdom | GB11304
We have a great opportunity to an Inventory Planner to join our team working on the Whitbread contract.
Kuehne + Nagel conduct logistics services on behalf of the customer Whitbread, ensuring the safe delivery of chilled, frozen and ambient products to more than 2,500 Costa Coffee, Premier Inns and associated restaurant chain outlets throughout the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for forecasting and ordering of the contracted stock keeping units from the dictated supplier base ensuring demand availability of at least 99.50%. In addition to managing the supplier management in line with customer and business KPI's and expectations at all time with clear communication and feedback maintained with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain effective administration processes to support the depots in delivering key KPI's and ensuring specific function related KPI's are accurately recorded and managed
- Advise the first line manager/s of potential issues and proposed resolutions to these as and when required
- Ensure new menus/seasonal specials are ordered and managed in line with the customer forecasts and pro-actively manage these and also ensure all suppliers are reviewed on the planned timescales and orders are placed in compliance with lead times & MOQ's, and meet the demand of the customer and business
- Ensuring any product issue which is quality or recall is clearly communicated and understood if the team leader or manager is unavailable
- Ensure that daily system hygiene is maintained, PO are reviewed & closed and filed accordingly
- Ensure all stock issues identified during the picking process are resolved and where necessary orders placed to recover availability
- Ensure that all new lines / delisted are ordered in line with known parameters and in place / finished on the required customer timings and that the stock policies applied for the customer contract are complied with in relation to stock days holding etc
- Comply with Food Safety Regulations and CMI standards
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- FMCG / food/ Retail or similar background
- Proven basic literacy and numeracy skills at Secondary school level
- Excellent communication skills
- MS Office - particularly Excel minimum of intermediate level
- Good understanding of the operation
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Able to use initiative
- Team player
- Customer focused
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with 23 days holiday. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing Team