We are the world's learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Responsible for invigilating English, Mathematics and ICT Functional Skills assessments for the Army's Pearson TQ apprentices under instruction at Worthy Down Barracks, Worthy Down. This role also involves invigilating mock assessments and BKSB initial and diagnostic assessments.
Pearson TQ is a provider of outsourced training services to the UK Ministry of Defence, other public sector organisations and private companies both in the UK and overseas. Due to business growth and development, we are recruiting an Invigilator to support Functional Skills delivery as part of the Army Apprenticeship contracts with the MoD.
- To maintain direct control and supervision of all learners undergoing assessments/exams.
- Conduct initial and diagnostic assessments with learners
- Set up online mock assessments, invigilate and print results
- Prepare and administer Functional Skills English, Mathematics and ICT assessments
- Maintain accurate records of examinations undertaken, including seating plans, supervision reports and attendance registers with accuracy
- Submit completed examination paperwork within a timely manner
- Ensure the JCQ Instructions for Conducting Examinations (ICE) are adhered to
- Maintain accurate daily records of learner's attendance and achievements and report any absences
- Undertake appropriate staff development activities that support personal development, ensuring your own practice conforms with standards
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring all Functional Skills examinations and administration requirements of the contract are fulfilled
- Maintaining accurate records for student examinations and other administrative requirements
This is a zero-hours vacancy.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Excellent organisational, administration and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of the Functional Skills framework
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to promote learning and opportunity for all
- Ability to be flexible over hours of attendance, including evenings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic team-worker
- Functional Skills, Key Skills or Skills for Life qualifications
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships and Apprenticeship delivery
- Experience of invigilating examinations/assessments
- Experience of working in education or with the military
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing email@example.com.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: LEARNING DELIVERY
Organization: Workforce Skills
Req ID: 13248