We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk 1st Line Analyst to join our team at the Spire IT support centre in York.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure customer faults are entered into the LANDesk Service Desk system, advising the caller of the unique reference number assigned to the fault. In the event of system failure, manual recording of all customer faults, entering the details into the Service Desk system once the system is restored
- To ensure regular updates are provided to the customer for all tickets raised. This will include ensuring regular updates are received from third party companies, and support teams, and are entered into the ticket
- To ensure that faults are resolved in accordance with the customer's SLA and escalating faults in accordance with procedures which are in breach of the SLA
- To ensure various account administration tasks are completed according to specific processes - including AD accounts and accounts for various bespoke systems.
- To promote proactive support actions to prevent errors reoccurring.
Who we're looking for
A Knowledge and/or experience of the following technologies would be beneficial:
- Active Directory
- Hardware including Servers, PC's and Printers
- Software including Server and Desktop Operating Systems, Email and Desktop applications
- Exchange Messaging and Blackberry.
- Backup and restore of files and folders
- Networking including TCP/IP, WAN and VPN.
You should have worked in a IT Service Desk/Help Desk environment for at least 12 months previously and have experience using formal structured IT service management processes such as ITIL.
You will be required to work a general shift pattern of 3 days on, 3 days off working 12 hour shifts. You must work 15 shifts per month. The rota includes all public holidays, Christmas and New Year. Although part of a large Service Desk team, you will be part of a 2 person team when you are working outside of normal business hours (i.e. Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm). Outside of normal business hours you will be working without direct supervision and are expected to always conduct yourself in a professional, responsible manner. You will be required to proactively manage your time and take ownership of on-going incident management tasks through to their completion.
We offer employed colleagues a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.