Are you a leader in creating non-production environments? Can you understand and interpret colleague requirements? Are you looking to work within a very fast-paced environment? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Environments Team Leader, you will look after a team of amazing specialists who help build and maintain our non-production testing environments. You will report to the Head of Non-Production Environments, and own all internal and external stakeholder relationships, relating to your project. Your role will be key in enabling your colleagues to meet agreed colleague expectations and provide life like environment to test all their wonderful new or upgraded technologies in.
So what would you be doing?...
• Providing technical oversight of environment provisioning and dealing with all escalations from the team
• Acquiring stakeholder requirements, and translating them into technical terms
• Making sure projects are delivered on time with no constraints
• Coordinating different environments across the change programme
• Overseeing environment preparation and additional project activities
• Nurturing your team through one to ones, and team meetings – to help them grow and develop
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to have good experience as a leader within a testing environments role, or within a live operations role; working with lots of different applications
• It is really important for you to have experience with some of the following technologies: JBoss, Apache, T24, ODS, or IIB
• To be amazing in this role, it is essential for you to have a good understanding of Linux and Windows operating servers
• Experience with Jenkins, Puppet or Ansible would really get us excited