About the role:
As EUC Operations Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the management of the group EUC Operational Function which encompasses desktop, laptop, deskside support, mobile phones, Office 365 Collaboration and other services.
Supporting our Head Offices, sites and field users, you will be responsible for crisis management, process management, SLA adherence, service improvement and for ensuring stability.As IT EUC Operations Manager, you will:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Take full accountability for EUC Operations.
- Display a strong commitment to the successful delivery of Infrastructure, IS & business strategies.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness in product selection, achieving goals with fit for purpose tools.
- Partner with colleagues and manage suppliers in delivering transformation.
- Effectively expresses ideas and information in oral and written form.
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas and fosters an atmosphere of open communication.
- Act as project governance for service management, solution and continuity design.
- Responsible for Change assessments and approvals in and out of hours.
- Manage and direct the supplier responsible for EUC, Tier 1 support, incident and request management.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to ensure the best value service, delivery model.
- Manage the policy for hardware and software lifecycle management towards an outcome of highly available and high-performance service.
- Utilize industry-standard key performance indicators to continuously evaluate service value.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business leaders, ensuring daily technology service needs are met and issues resolved.
- Provide effective governance for suppliers and partners including addressing issues/concerns and providing solutions with favourable outcomes as required. Identify corrective actions to ensure service meets or exceed the SLA's.
- Work with CTO to develop technology strategies that support long-term growth and sustainability. Develop an operational plan that is flexible in a changing environment.
- Responsible for the management of the End User Device budget.
- Collaborate with PMO to prioritize projects, deliverables and resolve competing priorities. Provide recommendations to IT leaders.
- Provide timely verbal and written communications as required with users, vendors, and other staff.
- Continuous Service Improvement – Develop, make recommendations, refine and own CSI service delivery plans, providing monthly management information to enable decisions that drive the highest levels of service within the timeframes and budgets agreed. Work with all relevant teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
- Risk Management – Work in collaboration with the Operational Risk Manager to manage business area operational risks and proactively mitigate against, resolve and report on service delivery risks and issues.
Desirable experience includes:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- ITSM – ITIL - Foundation
- Considerable IT management experience within a large IT organisation
- Experience of service delivery within a complex matrix IT operational environment
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is fully experienced in dealing with stakeholders. Proficient and effective communicator.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to make a balanced decision considering commercial, operational and customer needs
- Ability to demonstrate personal authority and influencing skills
What’s in it for you?
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Possesses extensive knowledge of business and understands the significance of commercial constraints; has put together business justifications, cost models and risk/benefit profiles for projects or programmes of work.
- Awareness of trends in wider industry and evidence of actions to anticipate their implications and willingness to maintain and develop external networks to understand trends and emerging best practices
- Experience of working with national/international standards e.g. ISO20000, ISO27000, ISO9001, ITIL, Six Sigma
- Detailed understanding of EUC hardware and software technologies
- Understanding of tools and automation to drive efficiency and quality of service
- Understanding of emerging cloud solutions in EUC
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps. We also have a referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About Us
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.