IT Infrastructure Alert & Event Manager
Are you someone who likes a challenge in your working environment as well as the role you are carrying out? Can you manage a varied workload working for multi stakeholders? We are looking for an IT infrastructure Alert & Event Manager to support the customer deployable systems across multiple domains.
Do you want to shape your world and change the way the world works? Do you want to collaborate and achieve together with committed people to deliver a world-class support service? If this is your world, this is your opportunity to shape it for the better.
Shape your world
We are seeking an experienced IT Engineer with monitoring experience to support our customer’s deployable systems across multiple domains. The role is co-located on site working directly with the customer. This role is heavily collaborative with both the embedded Fujitsu staff and stakeholder personnel, you must be able to work within a team and have the autonomy to work independently when required.
The role will primarily involve monitoring and event management on our clients’ live system. Applicants must have subject matter level knowledge of a Monitoring Solution with experience in any of the below technologies being highly advantageous:
- SolarWinds (SAM, NTA, NPM, VMAN)
- Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold
- Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM)
- Riverbed (AppResponse, NetIM)
- BMC Truesight
The Event Management Services shall be provided at each customer CyISOC. The Event Management Services shall include:
- Raising and responding to Alerts, Events and Incidents, including handing off each of these to the relevant Resolver Group or service desk;
- Supporting the Authority to develop best practices (and if the Authority requests, implementing such practices) in relation to:
- Configuration of relevant systems with respect to Events and Alerts; and
- Activities which will result in the detection, notification, filtering and correlation of all Events and Alerts;
- Engineering and managing Event Management Dashboards; and
- Identifying circumstances where an Alert is required and configuring Alerts to meet the requirements of the Event Management Service stakeholders.
- WINTEL monitoring
- Network monitoring
- Knowledge of SNMPv3, MIBs and OIDs
- Network Traffic Analysis
- 3rd Line Support in either WINTEL or Networks would be an advantage
- CCNA or other IT vendor certifications would be an advantage
Shape your world and achieve together
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do more and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full self to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is really important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Not only are we a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter, we are also committed to the United Nations standards for LGBT+.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organisation, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.