IT Programme Manger
Salary & Benefits: £58,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience, a company car lease/allowance scheme, + annual incentive related bonus (up to 15% of annual salary), private health care (for self and partner), attractive pension scheme (Up to 10% company contribution), life assurance cover of 4 times pensionable salary and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and a wellness day. We also offer a fantastic flexible benefits package, where you can choose from benefits such as health cash plan scheme, critical illness insurance, dental insurance, life assurance flex and partner cover. Colleagues also have access to a retail savings scheme, online GP service, cycle to work scheme, gym membership discounts and many more!
Location: Buttershaw, BD6 2SZ/ Hybrid Working (Average of 1 office day a week - Bradford)
Work type: Permanent. 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
We have an exciting opportunity for a IT Programme Manager to join the Tec Change team at Yorkshire Water and be a part of helping Yorkshire Water to provide the best service to our customers. Could this be you?
What we do:
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire, we make sure that over 5.4 million people living in the region and the millions of people who visit our region each year, can rely on our services, and have clean and safe drinking water on tap and that their wastewater is taken away. But for us, it's so much more than this.
We look after communities, protect the environment, and plan to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow 24/7, 365 days a year. We provide essential water and wastewater services to every corner of the Yorkshire region, and play a key role in the region's health, wellbeing, and prosperity.
New environmental legislation, unprecedented levels of investment and changing expectations from customers means that this is an exciting time to discover opportunities within the water industry. The Tec Change team play a vital role in how we plan to use technology to deliver a better service right for our customers and right for the environment.
The Tec Change team consists of Yorkshire Water (YW) colleagues, contract partners, sub-contractors and consultants working collaboratively to deliver capital funded IT changes for the company.
As our Programme Manager you will work with the IT Delivery Partner in their area to lead a programme of work and implement successful transformation within the department, driving forward programmes and sub-projects throughout their end-to-end delivery lifecycle in line with the Yorkshire Waters standard change management framework.
Where you fit in:
As our Programme Manager you will
- Lead, motivate and develop their team to ensure they perform effectively in their roles to successfully deliver excellent performance and outcomes
- Work closely with other Delivery Managers, Programme Managers and Business Change Managers across the business to ensure consistency in approach to programme and project delivery, alignment and sharing best practice.
- Support the Delivery Manager in successful delivery of the assigned portfolio.
- Ensure programme and project start up activities are governed in a controlled and effective way in line with the company's change framework.
- Participate in the early design, shaping and obtaining of approval for programmes and initiatives, ensuring the programme has clear outcomes and benefits from the outset, directly linked to the strategic goals of IT and business unit portfolio.
- Benefits identification and business case development.
- Ensure that the benefits realisation plan is closely managed, communicated, and integrated with the wider programme to ensure effective forecasting of future performance for business planning and stakeholder management.
- Manage programme and sub-project budget on behalf of senior stakeholders / sponsors and monitor costs against forecast.
- Drive programme and sub-projects to deliver within planned timeframes.
- Monitor, assess and manage risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies
- Establish quality management processes within the programme and define success criteria
- Ensure programmes are effectively managed and controlled using the company's chosen programme tools, so that accurate data and performance can be understood in real time.
- Manage and co-ordinate allocation of team resources
What skills & qualifications you will need to have:
- Direct experience of portfolio, programme, and project delivery
- Qualified in project management disciplines e.g., APM PMQ/PPQ, Managing Successful Programmes, Prince 2 Practitioner, or Agile
- Experience of managing a multi £m budget
- Stakeholder Management and very strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Be a great team player; inspire others, participate, share, pitch in, and enjoy working with others.
- Ability to demonstrate relentless drive, energy, and determination to deliver sustainable outperformance for YW that rigorously achieves against demanding competitive industry benchmarks and metrics from other organisations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to work iteratively.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks.
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to develop and work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to pick up and own issues or projects on behalf of the management team.
- Strong organization and personal management skills with the ability to lead and influence.
- Possess a strong sense of purpose and proactively seek responsibility and ownership.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant with a personal drive for continuous development and demonstrates a strong customer service ethos.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- High standards of integrity & ethics.
- Financial knowledge, budget and benefit management skills
You will also benefit from having:
- Ability to understand business strategies and objectives and translate them into Tech requirements.
- Broad understanding of the relevant Tec Change capability technologies and systems.
- Knowledge of the vendor landscape.
We embrace a flexible working model, where our hybrid setup typically requires an average of 1 in the office per week. This could be slightly more when collaborative efforts, training or meeting deadlines demand it. For those who prefer to work on-site, our office is open Monday-Friday during working hours.
If you're an experienced Programme Delivery professional and want to help us deliver exceptional service for our customers whilst protecting the environment, then apply today to find out what a career with Yorkshire Water can offer for you.
We are proud to serve the Yorkshire region and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that is reflective of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply.
Please, No agencies.
If successful for the role, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks that will include a Basic Disclosure Check, carried out through a Third Party Company, prior to commencing employment. Depending on the role, you may also be required to go through the security vetting process for either a Counter Terrorist Check or Security Check clearance.
Kelda Group reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.