Do you thrive on improving processes and driving change? Are you able to coach and nurture colleagues? Can you champion information security risk to specialists within that field? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the IT Risk Manager you will report directly to the Head of IT Risk and work collaboratively with all areas of IT, with a focus on Information and Cyber Security. You will help colleagues across information security by embedding frameworks and policies so we can continue to build game changing technologies.
So what would you be doing?...
• Embedding information security governance, risk and assurance framework
• Maintaining principles, policies, standards and processes across information security
• Making sure all our IT deliver processes are working to and within agreed InfoSec frameworks
• Identifying recording and reporting on InfoSec risk, controls and agreed risk treatment plans and actions
• Initiating conversations on the impact and prioritisation of InfoSec risks
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have an in-depth understanding of InfoSec risk management approaches and frameworks, control design and implementation techniques
• In order to be amazing in this role, you will be experienced in analysing and further embedding IT risk frameworks
• We are looking for you to demonstrate a remarkable understanding of quality assurances and controls within InfoSec
• It would be fantastic if you have experience working with InfoSec Specialist and other IT departments, ideally within the financial services sector
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to educate colleagues on why we have procedures in place
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!