IT Service Desk Co-ordinator - Gateshead
At Churchill, we put our people first so that they can deliver outstanding service to our clients. We recognise that our client’s environment reflects their brand and provides a better workplace for their people. We never compromise on quality and are unrivalled in our attention to detail.
We are searching for an IT Service Desk Co-ordinator to ensure the smooth running of the Business IT requirements. The role of IT Service Desk Co-ordinator is a diverse role, working for a fast-paced department. This is an excellent opportunity for either a technically minded individual or a Level 1 IT engineer with good administrative abilities looking to take their career to the next level. This role will primarily be to assist the work of the IT Service Desk Manager and provide on-going administrative support and coordinate specific activities within the Service Desk.
If you share our values why not join our team?
This is an opportunity for you to be part of a business, built on strong foundations, named in The Sunday Times, Grant Thornton Top Track 250, Britain’s private mid-market growth companies. We are driven to Always Do Right and we are looking for people who share our values. Our independence gives us the freedom to do what we believe in. We believe it’s our responsibility to do right by our clients, our society and our planet.
As an IT Service Desk Co-ordinator you will be responsible for:
- Control of starters, leavers and permission changes
- Managing hardware stocks and administration of IT assets
- Daily ticket/resolution queue management
- Manage incoming calls from users
- Provide progress updates on existing support incidents
- Ensure services are being delivered in line with defined agreements and targets
- Investigating and responding to any user complaints
- Troubleshooting and resolving IT issues for our user base:
- Liaising with the external 3rd party IT support provider
- Administration and control of all internal line of business software systems
- Assist with support for IT equipment including Mobile Devices, Laptops and desktops
- Issue and follow up of all IT policies
As an IT Service Desk Co-ordinator you will have the following expertise and attributes:
- Previous experience working with contractors and 3rd party suppliers
- Understanding of IT systems and office Applications
- Be a team player
- Logical and structured approach
- Evidence of experience of working to deadlines
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and work at all levels across a diverse organisation
- High level of attention to detail
- Big focus on organisational skills
Our commitment to Equality. Diversity and Inclusion, we are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.