IT Systems and Coordination Manager (Children's Services)
Our Performance, Outcomes & Quality Assurance service is recruiting a Team Manager to lead our Systems Team which manages the development and maintenance of existing ICT systems and supports the implementation of new modules and IT tools across Children's Services.
Wiltshire Council has a thorough induction programme, ongoing training, a staff reward programme and a positive and empowering leadership culture. This is an opportunity to be at the heart of delivering a new era in integrated systems management in an agile, inclusive and values-driven council.
About the role
Reporting into the Systems Service Manager, you will be an inspiring leader, line managing a team of systems developers, ensuring good quality, consistency and the technical development of their work – aligned to the needs of users and requirements identified by Heads of Service and Directors. Agility and flexibility are paramount as evidenced during the Covid-19 pandemic.
You will manage a helpdesk and lead the team during system upgrades and failover testing. You will be able to constructively challenge and support senior management and leaders and contribute significantly to the development of the Digital/IT strategy for Children's Services.
You will work closely with Corporate ICT, Programme Office and key partner agencies during IT implementation programmes and support relevant activity of the corporate Business Intelligence programme.
- Hybrid working; meaning you are not required to be in Wiltshire 5 days a week. We offer flexible working options across Wiltshire including working in our hubs, and working from home (unless visits/work requirements are essential)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, as well as the option to purchase an additional 20 days.
- The opportunity to work for a forward-thinking council with a strong focus on staff engagement.
- Laptops are provided so you can work flexibly from any location enabling you to be more effective and flexible in your practice.
- Established and supportive teams who will provide monthly 1:1’s and management feedback in a culture of learning and development.
- We offer an attractive rewards package with an excellent range of discounted products and services with national and local retailers via our Wiltshire Rewards scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities – with a variety of progression opportunities including CMI accredited leadership programs and career paths into management
- Employee health and wellbeing services and family friendly policies to support work life balance
- Discounted leisure membership, plus much more!
You will be a forward-thinking dynamic individual with substantial and intricate experience and technical knowledge of Liquid Logic systems (LCS, EYES and EHCP).
You will have a good understanding of an internal supporting service desk and preferably a firm operational knowledge of Children's Services as well as an understanding of service commissioning. Familiarity with other Liquid Logic products would be helpful.