We are looking for a Joiner to join our Facilities Management team on-site in Mansfield at Kings Mill Hospital.
The role will require to efficiently and effectively carryout routine maintenance, planned, breakdown and emergency maintenance of a complete range of fittings at Trust properties. Undertake installation work as part of new or refurbishment projects. To support the department in delivering a comprehensive estates service across all areas of activity. Provide a return to work service for emergency tasks.
Provide as part of the team, a return to work service for urgent action service
- Maintain and repair a complete range of both internal and external fittings and fixtures.
- The completion of tasks either as part of the PPM system or routine/planned works. This will include keeping tools and spares available to complete each job.
- Undertake work using ladders and access equipment as required in a safe manner and ensuring tools etc are checked regularly under Skanska Safe Working Policy.
- Be able to follow drawings and specifications.
- Determine what spares, components or supplies are needed in order to satisfactorily undertake and complete the work associated with repair, routine servicing or for new work.
- Complete all record sheets and paperwork associated with routine duties accurately and in good time.
- Routinely work from an electronic device and promptly respond to emails
- Assist in providing training to others engaged on work relating to the building discipline.
- Carry out work in a flexible manner ie undertaking a range of work not of the core trade.
- Pushing or pulling handcart loaded with materials and tools up slopes and along hospital corridors (daily).
- Climbing, lifting and moving heavy objects possibly in excess of 25 kg (daily).
- Complete appropriate training (on or off site) and assist in providing training to others engaged on similar
We’re looking for:
- Working hours 37.5 per week over 5 days (Monday – Friday).
- Schedule work out of hours when required to suite the need of the environment.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Competent user of PC’s and emailing systems
- Good understanding of health and safety.
- Fit and able bodied, able to work flexible hours when required in various conditions in order to undertake the tasks involved.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- NVQ level 3 carpentry and joinery or equivalent.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full role profile or if you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.