You will work closely with the Senior Planner and General Manager as our Junior Catering Planner.
As a valuable member of the catering planning team, you will work closely with both Leith's and the wider EICC team, liaising with clients from the initial event handover through to delivery.
Organising catering for a variety of differing events from conferences to exhibitions and dinners whilst continually ensuring consistent and excellent customer service.
Situated at the heart of Scotland's beautiful capital city, The EICC is one of the world's outstanding venues for conferences and events. Our purpose-built centre offers the very best facilities and technology; and our experienced team will ensure every event is a success.
We are very proud to have gathered a portfolio of awards over the years in recognition of our exceptional service standards and facilities. What we'll give:
Junior Catering Planner
More about the role:
- £23,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- Free meals on shift
Who you are:
- Liaising with clients to identify, propose and confirm all event catering requirements
- Planning the delivery with the Leith's Operations and wider EICC Team to include locations, timings and numbers whilst ensuring all catering requirements are effectively communicated
- Adhering to the Leith's pricing policies to maximise catering revenues and identify upselling opportunities
- To administer all event related correspondence ensuring all contractual documents, deposits and final invoices are issued and paid according to company guidelines
- To be fully conversant with the details of the event, sales handover and the EICC Contract
- Establish and maintain good client relationships and regular contact, ensuring that there is comprehensive understanding of the client requirements
- Create full and concise Event Catering Proposals to ensure these are seasonally appropriate and the menu fits with the guests/delegate demographic
- Ensure that all client contact is recorded in EBMS
- Continually presenting a positive image of both Leith's and the EICC, ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the planning process and through the delivery of the event
- To represent Leith's at site visits and client meetings, advising clients where necessary and ensuring all catering information is accurate and up to date.
- Introducing the client to the wider EICC Operational Team
- Ensure the proposed food and beverage service solutions meet the expectations of both the client and delegate in terms of value, composition and service
- Establish and maintain good client relationships with regular contact, ensuring that there is comprehensive understanding of client requirements
Who we are:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Meticulous organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great listening skills with an ability to interpret client requirements
- Ability to prioritise workloads and adapt to changing demands
- Confidence in building strong client relationships
- Enthusiasm and passion for great food
- Confident, lively and outgoing personality
- A team player with a real can-do attitude and great sense of humour
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.