Junior Facilities Project Manager
Flexible - either SGS Oakhanger GU35 9HU or MOC Hawthorn
Permanent, Full time, 39 hours
Salary - £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
SGS Oakhanger is a Satellite Ground Station providing secure communications to various organisations around the world and we're looking for a Junior Facilities Project Manager to join our Facilities Management team on site.
The role of the Junior Facilities Project Manager will be to assist the Senior Facilities Project Manager and Facilities Support Manager with the planning and management of planned
maintenance and reactive projects across all sites.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the planning of the Forward Maintenance Register across all sites in conjunction
with the Site FM Managers
- Assisting with the delivery of multiple concurrent Facilities related projects undertaken as part
of a comprehensive rolling programme across the Skynet 5 sites.
- Control the projects from feasibility through to delivery in conjunction with Serco's relevant
processes, policies and procedures covering construction phase to handover to end users
and other Serco teams as assigned by the Senior Facilities Project Manager
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and
- Work closely with the Senior Facilities Project Manager and Facilities Support Manager to
identify and programme works as required.
- To effectively manage the project finances and stay within the allocated budget.
- Follow Serco's Procurement rules and regulations for the appointment of Contractor and
- Ensure all confidential information remains within the company and is not relayed in either
verbal or written form to persons or organisations outside the company in accordance with
- Adhere to all company processes, policies and procedures.
- Support business and customer objectives of delivering value for money in all
What you need to do the job:
- Some project management experience within the Facilities Management or Building and
- Project Management Qualifications such as APM or Prince 2 (Desirable)
- Ability to manage projects by prioritising workloads and delivering on time.
- A recognised H&S qualification e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH
- Experienced with IT and database software (Sharepoint), demonstrating ability in MS Office
- Full driving licence able to drive a car and a van
It is a condition of employment that all employees obtain Security Clearance to be able to
work on the Skynet5 sites.
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives.
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- + Life assurance etc
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- A supportive culture
- A company passionate about Diversity and Inclusion
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).