Junior Pastry Chef - Bradfield
Up to £11.10 per hour + overtime
5 over 7 Days
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff. You will be a key part of a team who have a passion for preparing food on a daily basis using fresh ingredients. It all starts with enjoyment-great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Pastry Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious Independent School based in West Berkshire.
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Pastry Chef to join our catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly prestigious contract in Berkshire. We pride ourselves on producing absolutely everything on site and offering our clients creative, innovating and cutting edge menus. As well as imagination, passion and creative flair, you'll need experience of leading a talented kitchen brigade as a Pastry Chef - inspiring others to always achieve excellence.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the Pastry Chef and Executive Chef. Main Responsibilities
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
The Ideal Candidate
- To prepare, cook and assemble menus aligned to school environment and centrally driven menus where appropriate
- Follow set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
- To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to your line manager
- To serve on the food counters in the client's premises following all customer service standards
- Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your line manager
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly.
- To be competent and skilled to work in all areas of preparation, cook and counter service.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification.
- Ensure the quality and the presentation of hospitality
- catering is to the highest standard
- To comply with all Health and safety legislation.
- To attend and comply with any training by Brands, Health and Safety, Food Safety etc.
- To ensure you comply with current dress and personal hygiene regulations.
- To be responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production schedule of each menu item.
About The Company
- High standards and be quality driven
- Committed to food and customer service innovation
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Proven track record with stock management, H&S and food safety.
- Passion for high quality tasty food, and someone who keeps up to date with food trends
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Have a flexible approach with a can do attitude
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Must be a driver due to location
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion, Can-do and Responsibility.