Junior Range Engineer - Competitive Salary - Hebrides
Primarily based at QinetiQ MoD Hebrides Range although part of a business wide Capability team supporting sites across the UK.
In this role the individual will provide engineering and system administration support to ensure the Range Trials Control and associated IT systems remain available for support to the operation of the site.
- MS Windows and Linux server based networks dedicated to the real time display of tracking and surveillance radar sources.
- Air Traffic Management communications systems operating on E1 and IP voice networks
- Cross site data links utilising E1 and Ethernet networks.
- Network enabled built in test equipment monitoring systems.
- IP based CCTV and video distribution systems.
As part of the RF, Networks and Secure Comms team that ensures the configuration and operational readiness of systems that allow safe conduct of test and evaluation activities, key duties will include:
- The conduct of planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company engineering policy.
- Real time monitoring and usage of Range systems in support of operational activities.
- Supporting senior engineers to elicit customer requirements and the subsequent installation / configuration of communications and data distribution systems to meet these requirements.
- Configuration and management of network based systems.
- Configuration and management of Range communications systems.
- The management of software and hardware system build states.
- Ensuring that data and communications infrastructure comply with the standards as set out in the company engineering policy.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Working knowledge and ability to efficiently configure layer 2 switch systems.
- Windows server active directory and DFS configuration.
- Knowledge and understanding of Open Suse / Red hat Linux.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Well organised, able to work individually or as a team player with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain accurate and consistent records.
- A hands-on practical individual willing to learn and develop new skills.
Excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discount & Dining cards
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?