The Department of Culture, Media & Sport Know Your Neighbourhood Fund is a multi-year funding programme that will take place in Cannock Chase until the end of March 2025.
The programme, delivered by our Library Service, is committed to giving people the opportunity to flourish, improve their wellbeing and their pride in place. The overall aims are to encourage people to take part in volunteering and to reduce loneliness and social isolation.
The project priorities are to:
- meaningful and impactful volunteering
- Support people to connect with others in their local area, reducing loneliness.
- Give people a sense of pride in their local community
- Engage people who are not currently participating in activities
And aims to:
- Increase the amount of people who volunteer at least once a month.
- Reduce and support chronically lonely people who lack social connections.
- Enable the local voluntary and community sectors to implement sustainable systems and processes that encourage volunteering and tackle loneliness.
You'll be based at Cannock Library, but you will be expected to travel across the district and work in library and community settings. Travel expenses will be provided. Main Responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to develop your project management and leadership skills during a 15 month period. You will:
- Develop and co-ordinate the Know Your Neighbourhood project in Cannock, Brereton and Heath Hayes libraries
- Lead on promotion of the project across the communities of Cannock Chase, working with partners, stakeholders, volunteers, library staff and the public
- Recruit and support volunteers to deliver activities in library settings
- Manage a budget to deliver events and activities in libraries
- Support the collection of qualitative evaluation to tell our communities stories and develop further opportunities for the people of Cannock Chase
You will also be supported by the Library Management Team across Cannock Chase to carry out your duties and provided with equipment to carry out your tasks. The Ideal Candidate
You'll bring project management skills and have:
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Personal drive, confidence, and enthusiasm
- Flexibility and adaptability
- An interest in working with the general public and communities
- Ability to manage budget
For an informal discussion about the role contact Kerry Hutchings on email@example.com About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits .
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.