Boklok is a residential developer, created by Skanska and Ikea that aims to offer the UK housing market with sustainable, quality homes. We have completed over 11,000 homes in the Nordics and in 2019 launched our UK business as part of the solution to accelerate the provision of new homes in this country. Our homes are fabricated off-site in a safe and dry environment using a smart and industrialised process. Our modular product, strong balance sheet and development skills combined make this a unique proposition for the UK.
- Be responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing land through acquisition and planning to support a strong and diverse landbank to meet the long term forecast of the business.
- Manage and navigate new and existing land in the landbank through planning.
- Produce clear and creative business cases, including astute planning strategies, for opportunities that meet the business’s needs and pipeline.
- Develop and control the development appraisal to ensure clear pursuit cost budgets, planning budget and programmes, development programmes, market research, deal structure and overall business case.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to site finding drawing on established network and relationships with local authorities, local agents and private sector stakeholders who control land and development opportunities.
- Work alongside the Project Director, Head of Land and Planning and project team to contribute creatively to maximise the site value.
- Instruct and co-ordinate other consultants to provide planning documents required for submission of planning applications together with production of own planning statements, when required. If such applications are unsuccessful to co-ordinate and manage consultants in submission of appeals.
- Manage application / Negotiate with LPA / Co-ordinate amendments / Liaison with local residents and/or LA members to achieve successful planning consent.
- Research the areas for appropriate plots (both on and off market), drawing on the help of technical and design teams if required. These plots will need to support the principles and ethos of the Boklok brand and business model.
- Develop a full and complete understanding of the complete Boklok offer and how feedback from land purchase and vendors helps develop the product and scheme design.
- Interpret new housing and planning policies and advise the Boklok leadership team on future models for development.
- Provide updates and information as required to support reporting and tracking of the land bank.
- Take responsibility for the internal ‘request for investment’ process.
- Responsible for providing the team with residential market and planning updates on a regular basis.
We are looking for:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) preferably in a property related subject.
- RICS or RTPI accreditation preferable.
- Demonstrable track record of sourcing and buying sites predominantly across the south east and delivering successful planning consents.
- Deal maker with track record of land deals and delivery of planning.
- Experience and proven track record of leading land transactions and the planning application process in the residential development market.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret legal documents, sales memoranda and appraisal documents.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and experience in managing, multi-faceted development appraisals.
- Ideally have experience of viability and land draw down valuation or demonstrate an understanding of the process.
- Thorough and up to date understanding of the housing planning and development process.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to travel to potential land opportunities and development sites.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us using email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
More information about the role
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the business.