Sitting within a beautiful and secure site, the Defence Academy hosts 2 lakes and is surrounded by acres of scenic woodland. The Academy trains the future commanders and staff officers of all three UK Armed Services and those from many countries around the world.
The Defence Academy has an opening for a Lead Administrator to join our team. As a Lead Administrator, you will ensure smooth running of the office and monitor own workloads and those of any reporting staff. Take responsibility for the co-ordination and control of all incoming work as directed by the customer and Team Leader and the provision of induction training for the customer as required. This role involves the mentoring, training and development of up to two departmental administrators/apprentices.
The Joint Service Administration Unit (JSAU) provides HR-related administrative support to Service Personnel (SP) within the Defence Academy and acts as point of reference for general (related) enquiries. Joint Personnel Administration (JPA) HR software is used to achieve the JSAU day to day tasks. Full training will be given. The work may include:
- process upon SP arrival to/departure from Shrivenham Station: ensuring files are updated, formatted (layout of folder) and any required information is collated/stored in accordance with current guidelines; ensure the associated register is maintained accurately.
- You will also provide Movement support/advice to SP and/or families on future assignments, encompassing: Clearance process, Travel, Housing, Removals, Visa/Passport and related allowances and entitlements.
- You will be responsible for assisting in monthly payroll accuracy checks, Responding to pay related queries from SP and advise and Assist with I-expense queries. Other duties include ensuring all Registers associated with HR tasks are maintained accurately and in a timely fashion.
No doubt that this is a fast-paced role and comes with its challenges however, you will be joining a supportive team and a friendly working environment.
What you need to do the job
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Administrator with a good level of general education, preferably with GCSE's (A-C) or equivalent in English and Maths. It goes without saying that it is important you can communicate by using a variety of communication methods (spoken, written, behaviour). It is essential you can work in team environment or individually, be able to manage departmental workload, you must be methodical, have proven organisational skills and able to work under pressure. Problem solving skills are a must in this role, along with the ability to communicate at all levels and having excellent customer service skills. It is essential that the successful candidate is PC literate, with a good level of experience in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point (desirable). You must have the ability to demonstrate manipulation of data and electronic calendar management. Having experience of coaching and mentoring of others is desirable.
You will have to gain BPSS clearance prior to appointment and SC clearance within the first 3 months.
- Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
- A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary £21,500 per annum, plus pension matched up to 6%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Serco discounts which include cinema, entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships;
- We are constantly challenging ourselves and each other to deliver brilliantly, and you will too, working in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion;
We have a mandate to deliver brilliantly. If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.