About The RoleAbout this opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Building Services Engineer to manage and develop a local team of Mechanical & Electrical Engineers, you can be based in either Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, or Leeds office. The role is to lead a team locally and drive growth within the service offering, whilst supporting our Building Surveying department with both inspection and design-based services. We have many existing programmes of work which will require immediate involvement both locally and nationally, and we have a strong pipeline of opportunities going forward. The role will also require business development to identify additional opportunities and areas of growth to ensure the business grows in line with our objectives.Within this role you will be responsible for:
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Client relationship management;
- Project Director duties;
- Driving growth in the service line;
- QA Management within the office;
- Delivering M&E services whilst the team grows; design, preparation of performance specs, site inspections of works in progress, site surveys/condition reports etc.
- Preparation/ review of cost estimates throughout the RIBA plan of work stages
- Management of resource. Team members will report to the candidate and there will be autonomy in managing and utilising the resource available; staff appraisals and mentoring
- Fee forecasting and informing our monthly invoicing;
- Maintaining a tracker of work and resource, monitoring progress and working with the BS leads to identify trigger points for further recruitment;
- Prepare fee proposals and appointment documents, tracking projects from inception to completion;
- Input into and prepare business plans for growth;
- Work collaboratively with service leads in the North, Midlands and South
- Contribute to the preparation of standardisation of documentation across our business;
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
About The CandidateWho we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Passionate and driven about your profession;
- An understanding of the marketplace and drivers with regard to energy efficiency and decarbonisation.
- Previous experience of leading a team within a consultancy or similar environment.
- Experience of witnessing testing and commissioning of services
- Degree educated in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineer, Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar;
- MS Office suite; Software design packages such as HEVACOMP, TAS or IES; BIM & ACAD,
- Hold a professional membership with CIBSE or IMechE or Similar
- Experience or detailed understanding of decarbonisation of estates, CIBSE benchmarking and targeting
- Improving energy efficiency and inclusion of design of renewable technologies including ASHP, Solar Thermal and Solar PV systems
- Delivery of estate wide condition surveys to support pre- acquisition surveys, Technical Due Diligence
- Life Cycle assessment and cost in use to support Planned and Reactive Maintenance, FM Compliance Reviews
- Advising on design capacities to support utilities loadings / assessment and resilience risk
About The CompanyBe part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality