Here within the Anglian Water @one Alliance we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme. Now working in the latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7, we are working towards delivering an approximate £1.8bn programme of work until 2025. Are you ready to join us as we aim to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
Working on circa 800 infrastructure projects across the region with sustainability, customer, and innovation at the heart of everything we do brings us a host of exciting and complex challenges to overcome on a day-to-basis. Our site operational teams play a vital role in maintaining and enhancing the water and water recycling services across our region.
To oversee and lead on the management of quality, cost, safety and timely delivery of all construction activity carried out on site, we are looking for a talented Lead Construction Manager to join our team!
What will you be doing as our new Lead Construction Manager?
As our new Lead Construction Manager, you’ll be working within Water and Water Recycling Infrastructure to manage a construction management team. You’ll ensure all construction activities are provided in compliance with the scheme deliverables from development stage ready to go to site and project completion with zero defects at Delivery Milestone 4 in conjunction with the Delivery teams.
You’ll play a key role in managing health, safety, environmental and sustainability with responsibility for ensuring a consistent approach to comply with the Alliances systems and procedures. In addition, you’ll implement a culture of collaboration, best practice and continuous improvement across the programme and supply chain.
- To develop, sustain and lead a high performing integrated construction management team by blending people with the right attitude, skills, and experience to deliver the assigned projects and or portfolios
- Lead people from different partner company backgrounds and disciplines; utilise their knowledge and experience to achieve best practice
- Responsibility to train, coach, and mentor team members to perform their role and personal objectives to drive a culture of coaching and feedback
- Ensure ongoing short-term planning of project needs (by local or central resource planner) to maximise resource utilisation including Pan Alliance synergies
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to establish long term resource needs, future view on resources, proactively inform or escalate any shortfalls or gaps in resources against the delivery plan and take appropriate steps to remedy
- Ensure health and safety is considered during the development and implementation of strategies, projects, standards, and processes and is not comprised at any time or in any circumstances
- Actively seek new ways of implementing best practices from partner home organisations and the wider construction sector and innovate using new products and technologies for the benefit of the @one Alliance
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience at leadership level
- Significant reputable Construction and H&S experience
- Water sector experience – significant
- Experience of managing teams – 5 to 20 reports
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholder groups – internal and external to the organisation.
- Experience of working in Alliances
- A Full UK driving licence
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full role profile or if you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.