Are you an expert in all things collections analytics? Do you enjoy helping to nurture colleagues in order for them to grow? Would you like to join one of the fastest growing Banks in UK? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Lead Credit Risk Collections Analyst, you will be responsible for delivering key analytical insights and strategic proposals to enhance collections and risk strategies. This role has been created to optimise collections strategy to achieve the right outcome for our fans whilst improving the Banks arrears and bad debt numbers.
So what would you be doing?...
• Taking ownership of risk segmentations, models, strategies and detailed analysis on our arrears portfolios and their performance
• Analysing and processing large volumes of data in an efficient and accurate way to produce MI and ad-hoc analysis
• Developing collections segmentation, models and designing strategies to make use of these models
• Proposing enhancements to the collections and recoveries policy to enable enhanced collections capabilities
• Creating and maintaining relationships with colleagues across the bank and assisting on multiple projects with external and internal stakeholders
• Leading the development and roll out of new products and services
• Deputising for the collections Credit Risk Manager in monthly arrears forums and committees
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have expert knowledge of credit risk and analytics, in particular applied to collections and recoveries strategies
• You need a strong understanding of what data exists and what data would be required to build effective customer insight to contact the right customers at the right time
• You must be able to challenge the existing framework with experience backed insights to suggest new ways of analysing arrears portfolios
• You need to be proficient in a statistical program language (ideally SAS) as well as Microsoft Office
• Ideally, you will have a strong financial industry background
• To exceed in this role, you must be up to date with any regulatory requirements (CONC, CCA)
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!