Join us as a Lead Engineer, Pega
- This is an opportunity for a driven Lead Engineer to join us and lead the technical delivery of a software engineering team
- You’ll be responsible for leading solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this innovative and challenging role
What you'll do
In this role, you’ll run a team of developers and set the technical direction of the deliveries, applying the principles and methodologies of software engineering to the technical design, development, testing, and maintenance of applications and services.
We’ll look to you to take responsibility for the work quality of the software engineering team, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output, as well as implementing a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Monitoring the technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Supporting and mentoring the team in the understanding of relevant software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance and high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll be a certified Pega Lead System Architect with a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience in providing technical leadership and accountability for a software engineering team. You'll be a technical leader with at least 10 years' experience in the engineering space with proven hands on experience working on Pega products, ideally version 8.x of the KYC/CLM Pega Application. In such time you'll have delivered at least two projects.
We’ll also look to you to have experience of test-driven development and the use of automated test frameworks, mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools, along with knowledge of the key phases of the software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- The ability to develop software in an SOA or micro-services paradigm
- Development experience in a programming language
- Familiarity with modern integration patterns and technologies, API, Microservices, and Event Streaming
- Experience with infrastructure or hosting patterns, and public and private cloud, IaaS, CaaS, DevOps, CICD, and automation technologies
- Experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling
- A background of implementing programming best-practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance
- Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales