Join us as a Lead Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven Lead Engineer to join us and support the technical delivery of a software engineering team
- You’ll be responsible for developing solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this innovative and challenging role
What you'll do
In this role, you’ll support a team of developers and set the technical direction of the deliveries, applying the principles and methodologies of software engineering to the technical design, development, testing, and maintenance of applications and services.
We’ll look to you to oversee the work quality of the software engineering team, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output, as well as implementing a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Supporting and monitoring the technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Supporting and mentoring the team in the understanding of relevant software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance and high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience in providing technical leadership and accountability for a software engineering team.
We’ll also look to you to have experience of test-driven development and the use of automated test frameworks, mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools, along with knowledge of the key phases of the software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Eight years of IT experience with at least four years of experience on an Axiom tool, including Freeform and Taxonomy Reports
- An understanding of data warehouse and MI or business intelligence reporting tools
- Experience of working and supporting the technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Experience of cloud migration projects, and a basic understanding of integration and accessibility solutions for cloud applications, such as SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- The ability to develop software in an SOA or micro-services paradigm
- Development experience in a programming language