Join us as a Lead Enterprise Architect
- Joining our Debt Management & Bereavements leadership team as the Lead Architect, this is a rewarding opportunity to make a difference to our customers and their families at often difficult and sensitive times in their lives
- You'll work with the Platform Lead, running an Architecture team, to make sure that solutions are designed and delivered to support the business outcomes and long term strategy for the bank, business areas and Technology
- Take on an important role, and gain valuable exposure, as you'll partner across technology and business teams to create an understanding of of technology considerations and build a roadmap of activity that addresses priority areas
What you'll do
As a Lead Enterprise Architect, you’ll be defining the end state architecture for Debt Management & Berevements end-to-end service. You’ll be making sure that the architecture links to, and is informed by, our overall strategy and architecture, and produces the architecture outcomes.
We’ll look to you influence the development of business strategies at an organisational level, identifying transformational opportunities for our businesses and technology areas associated with both new and existing technologies. Working as part of a Technology leadership team, you'll drive value into the organisation collaboratively with teams and colleagues.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Partnering with other teams and architects to create the artefacts and understanding to inform direction
- Translating architecture roadmaps into packages of work that allow frequent incremental delivery of value to be included in product backlog
- Defining, creating and maintaining architecture models, roadmaps, standards and outcomes, using architecture strategies to ensure alignment to adjacent and higher level model
- Working closely with business owners, portfolio managers, product managers and release managers to define the target intentional architecture
- Leading complex and technically challenging architectural transformations, coordinating design and platform teams across domains
- Seeking out and utilising continuous feedback, fostering adaptive design and engineering practices to drive the collaboration of programmes and teams around a common technical vision
- Driving the innovation and exploration of new technologies and capabilities
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need expert knowledge of application architecture, and at least one business, data or infrastructure architecture with working knowledge of the remaining disciplines. You’ll have excellent communication skills with the ability clearly communicate complex technical concepts to colleagues, up to senior leadership level, along with a good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team.
In addition, you'll bring sound leadership skills to lead your team and contribute to the domain leadership, along with innovation and future capability awareness.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of defining business and application architectures and roadmaps for complex enterprises
- An understanding of the commercial considerations and implications on architecture and solution choices
- An understanding of industry architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Experience of working with business solution vendors, technology vendors and products within the market
- A background in systems development change life cycles, best practices and approaches
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application and systems engineering