We are looking for a Lead OT Architect to work with a major utilities client in Scotland on a long-term transformation programme of Operations Technology!
The OT Architect will coordinate and manage at a technical level all new customer network and system transitions for new Atos customers that have current incumbent suppliers through to successful migration transition into Atos.
The Lead Architect is typically account based but working under DCNS COE standards providing technical strategy, design assurance, road maps and consultation in the support of solutions, projects and services for one or more Atos accounts.
The Architect is overarching a Technical Architecture team who are responsible for the Technical Design and assurance of the customer’s infrastructure. To fulfil this role requires building up a strong relationship with the customer as a trusted advisor and gathering a detailed and in-depth perception of the customer’s infrastructures, systems, policies, practices and applications along with spearheading any new projects jointly between Atos and the customer.
The person will be Atos’s authority in the area of IT/OT solutions, communications and security, and will work in a multi-disciplinary team comprising programme and project managers, technology consultants, systems and solutions architects.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Acquire a detailed understanding of the client`s business needs, technologies, key applications and network and security infrastructure
- Be the Overarching Technical Authority for Solution team
- Work closely with the wider account team to develop an account technical strategy and roadmap.
- Provide consultancy to the Account and Client as required.
- Ensure that Networks & Security are taken into account in all new solutions.
- Provide technical input into Business Office proposals ensuring that the solution satisfies the customer’s requirements and is aligned with Atos standards along with accurate effort estimates for all new projects and incremental work.
- Support, contribute and author in some occasions High Level Designs (HLD) to meet client project requirements in compliance with Atos CTO standards and strategy.
- Provide technical assurance to the wider team throughout the Low-Level Design and Implementation project phases to ensure compliance with the HLD and Atos standards are maintained.
- Support the account in the Technical Assurance process by attending Account Technical Assurance Boards as an approver.
- Identify and propose Service Improvements, Cost Reductions and upsell / Revenue Opportunities
Based in the Glasgow – Edinburgh central belt and candidates should be available for travel to client sites throughout Scotland and other Atos locations in the UK.
Skills we can’t do without:
- ITIL service management certificated
- TOGAF knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in OT/Telemetry related systems architecture
- Data integration
- Successful skills in providing technical design and architecture solutions in the energy and utilities sector
- Professional and dynamic approach, demonstrates a clear passion for delivering world class services and solutions
- Capable of interacting with partners at all levels, including C-level.
- Knowledge of the end-end implementation of telemetry, command and control within SCADA and situational awareness environments
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems used for remote site connectivity and the legacy implementation of voiceband modems in the context of Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) and loggers which are common in the utilities industry, and protocols.
- Radio technologies including scanning radio, LTE cellular, Narrowband, and satellite communications
Skills we’d like:
Current SC level Security Clearance or ability to gain.
- Cloud services such as Azure, AWS, or Google solution architecture experience or certificate
- Big Data & analytics methodologies
More reasons to join us
In addition to becoming a part of a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits! These include: a rewarding salary, 25 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What’s more, we really value your progress and it’s a top priority to engage, inspire and develop you to help you maximise your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programmes in place demonstrating our commitment to developing your career.
How to apply
Confident this sounds like you? Please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the application process for people with disabilities.