Are you a creative thinker? Can you share your amazing product delivery experience? Would you like to become the go to person when it comes to mobile banking? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Lead Product Owner, you will lead on our mobile app proposition, own the roadmap for our retail and SME customers and give sound and industry leading advice to your colleagues across the Bank. As a part of your role, you will lead the mobile app on a day-to-day basis by reacting to customer feedback, analytical insight and unexpected issues. Above all, you will play a pivotal part in building Metro Bank’s digital capability, proactively driving change and implementing industry best practice.
So what would you be doing?...
• Developing a strategic roadmap for the mobile app
• Building an expertise in mobile, including market, technology, industry trends, and competitor analysis
• Creating business cases for key mobile propositional enhancements
• Engaging third party suppliers that could drive value through partnering with Metro Bank
• Looking after business readiness and new releases, so that the front-line, Operations, Communications & PR teams are fully informed, and delivery goes smoothly
• Making sure that the mobile project delivery team is held to account on scope, budget and timelines
• Aiding the mobile project delivery team transition into a continuous delivery state away from ‘project mode’
• Leading the mobile app roadmap and providing regular progress updates and status reports
• Supporting diagnosis and rectification of customer issues
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience working as a Digital Product Owner within web, mobile or tablet using agile methodologies
• Line management experience would be beneficial
• You will have experience leading strategy work to outline three to five year roadmap based upon industry analysis, customer insight and accepted best practice
• We need you to have experience developing business cases and being able to demonstrate aptitude for commercial thinking
• In order to be amazing in this role, you need to have experience delivering new products and features, including managing project teams, key stakeholders and budgets
• You will be confident in delivering status and performance updates to senior stakeholders
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!