Are you proficient when it comes to Prudential Risk? Can you lead a team through an IRB application? Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Lead Prudential Risk Oversight Manager, you will run second line prudential risk oversight. You will be responsible for setting out and maintaining a prudential risk oversight framework, as well as assisting the Bank in its application for IRB.
So what would you be doing?...
• Assessing the Banks risk profile relative to its risk appetite for Prudential Risk, as well as the effectiveness of controls and status of actions
• Carrying out second line oversight of regulatory reporting, including the internal processes and controls that are leveraged for regulatory reporting purposes
• Providing formal written periodic review summaries of Prudential Risk Oversight for consideration at committees including Executive & Board Risk committees
• Performing ad hoc analysis of changes in business structure, new products and regulatory developments
• Advising and influencing stakeholders on Prudential Risk related matters across the Bank
• Liaising with Internal Audit to make sure co-ordination across all three lines of defence
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have experience in a Prudential Risk environment of an IRB retail/corporate Bank
• In order to exceed in this role, you need knowledge of the general regulatory environment and wider economic and political issues
• You will need a strong understanding of risk management and ICAAP/ILAAP best practice and processes
• You must have a strong understanding of banking regulation
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!