Are you the go to person when it comes to IT services? Can you lead colleagues on the right implementation standards and policies? Do you want to be an integral part of the British Banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Services Engineer, you will be part of our APIs & Services team who provide support for various implementations, and aim to reduce our dependency on third party resources. Your team is the spine of the Bank, they make sure all our technologies are able to communicate with each other. You and your team will enable colleagues to utilise information from various technologies that will enhance their capabilities to deliver on projects and create fans!
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading a team of Service Engineers and nurturing their development
• Developing our capabilities to allow multiple systems to communicate with each other
• Building a better experience for colleagues and customers
• Implementing integrations and reusable building blocks
• Delivering key implementations and high quality artefacts
• Keeping up to date on industry standards and technologies
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to be an inspirational leader who is experienced in developing and guiding colleagues
• You will have experience as an Engineer, and you will have extensive designing and developing knowledge on Event/Stream Driven technologies, API Gateways, Microservices and IBM Integration Bus
• In order to excel in this role you must have strong experience in cloud native technologies and CI/CD tooling
• The ability to design and develop rules and event solutions against principles and standards is really important in this role
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!