As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you relish enabling the development of mission critical work and keeping the country safe. What’s important is taking responsibility for solving complex issues and problems, as you’ll understand the importance of delivery and services to our customers.
Because it’s not about enabling development so big tech can harvest more advertising data; you’ll be leading a brand new team, working at the forefront of technology, ensuring scalable and sustainable development environments in support of customer missions.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence and Industry 4.0 through our Futures business and Intelligence as a Service. You will work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
As our first Lead Site Reliability Engineer; you’ll be the subject matter expert; providing technical leadership across the newly formed SRE team and leading from the front in terms of best practice.The Key Requirements...
- At least 2 years’ experience in an SRE environment, capable of providing technical leadership.
- Experience with Virtual Machine administration through VMWare and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Exposure to Infrastructure as Code principles with use of such tooling as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet.
- Provisioning and orchestration of containers with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Openshift.
- Experience in automation engineering and building out automated processes to reduce waste and improve efficiencies and productivity.
Built on over 60 years heritage, Roke offers specialist knowledge in sensors, communications, cyber, and AI and ML. We change the way organisations think and act – through dynamic insights from the analysis of multiple layers of data. We take care of the innovative, technical stuff that keeps everyone safe – that’s our mission, passion, and motivation.
Joining a team united by purpose and ambition, you’ll be at the heart of an exciting growth journey: having doubled in size over the last 4 years, we intend to double our headcount by 2027. At Roke, every individual counts. We push technical boundaries, together. We re-invest in product innovation, and we empower our people to make a difference.
Working at the head of the newly formed SRE team, you’ll ensure successfully delivery of first class development environments within Roke; you’ll have the opportunity to shape & mould rather than fill a gap. Without you, the business will revert to “as is”, project inefficiencies are created and the country’s safety diminishes.Where you’ll work…
Alongside hybrid and flexible working options, you’ll find our Romsey site located within beautiful Hampshire countryside, close to the picturesque New Forest District and not far from a superb stretch of the south coast. This is no corporate concrete jungle; this is a manor house site, with ample parking, an on-site gym and a driveway full of daffodils in the Spring.The Benefits and Perks...
- Hybrid working: A minimum of 40% of your monthly hours working at your base/client location, subject to role/project requirements
- Flexi-time: Working hours to suit you and your life
- Annual bonus: Based on profit share and personal performance
- Private medical insurance: Includes cover for existing conditions
- Holiday: 25 days plus public holidays and your birthday off
- Chemring Share Save: Monthly savings into a 3 or 5 year plan.
Due to the nature of this role, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the U.K. for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.The Next Step...
Click apply, submitting an up-to-date CV. We look forward to hearing from you.