Are you passionate about user experience? Do you love engaging with digital customers? Would you like to be at the forefront of digital banking? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead UX Designer - Online Banking, you will help to design and deliver outstanding feature improvements to service the Bank’s digital customers. As part of your role, you will help to solve complex user problems, across multiple online banking platforms, whilst leading and mentoring your project team to deliver best in class user experience service.
So what would you be doing?...
• Being hands-on with UX design and prototyping across multiple digital platforms, taking ownership over both legacy and greenfield platforms
• Championing best practices for products and services across the Bank’s digital platforms
• Practising user experience design including defining information architecture, creating user flows and making sure best usability practices for your product
• Taking accountability for design quality and cohesion across your own projects
• Working closely with product and development colleagues on the UX design vision and advocating UX across your team and the wider business
• Taking responsibility for translating product requirements into imaginative user focused design concepts
• Suggesting improvements to current design process and tooling that would help benefit the wider team
• Working closely with other UX Leads to make sure consistency across products and platforms
• Running research studies and experiments such as ethnographic research, usability testing, card sorting and surveys, analysing findings and validating potential product changes
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have a breadth of design knowledge and experience working as a Senior UX Designer who is looking to take a step up from an in-house role
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have the ability to work on multiple platforms, including both legacy and new platforms
• You need to have experience with using analytics software, such as google analytics, to assist with research
• You must be comfortable engaging with stakeholders to formulate ideas, identify improvements and share learnings, as well as acting as the voice of the user in product decisions
• You need to have experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research, throughout the product development lifecycle
• In order to be fantastic in the role, you will have experience in designing complex platforms and systems
• It would be amazing if you will have previous experience in online banking platforms and working with design systems
• Ideally, you will have previous experience leading, mentoring or coaching a team of Designers
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!