TMW MT Shift Leading Driver
RAF Brize Norton,
Full time, 42 Hours
The Serco MT Shift Leading Driver is responsible for the effective delivery of the Serco contracted MT duties under the instruction of the Tactical Medical Wing (TMW) Shift Supervisor and TMW MT Transport Manager.
It should be noted that the Authority - RAF Brize Norton is responsible for the provision of facilities and equipment required to deliver the contracted output.
Delivery and Shift Management of Serco TMW Driving Activities- Deliver the RAF Brize Norton TMW contracted driving services.
To assist in the management of the shift and deputise for the Shift Supervisor in his/her absence.
Provision of management and routine daily maintenance of the allocated vehicle fleet.
Provision of subcontracted driving roles within the means of their DVLA Licence qualifications.
Work safely - Safety First - Zero Harm Culture. Our work is never so important that we cannot take time to do it safely and with respect for the environment
Maintain a positive Zero Harm culture with open honest reporting of Near Misses and safety related occurrences.
In the absence of the Shift Supervisor:
a. Complete respective administration and organisation for all driving/vehicle related tasks in a timely efficient manner to a satisfactory standard, observing all relevant regulations; Road Transport, Tachograph & Driving Hours, Technical and Working Time Directive.
b. Supervise areas under his/her control to ensure delivery of effective, efficient, right first time every time output to our customers.
c. Responsible for maintaining a Daily Occurrence Book to record all incidents that occur during their tour of duty.
d. Ensure the duty shift is manned correctly, this includes arranging cover for absence due to sickness or holiday if required. Staff should be contacted via the Duty Callout Supervisor to cover such absences or at such times as the TMW task dictates.
Maintain an effective working knowledge of current regulatory requirements. Including Serco Management System, appropriate National and MoD legislation and local Serco and RAF Brize Norton processes and procedures
Co-operate with the collection of data required by performance measuring systems.
Notify the Serco Transport Manager whenever deficiencies emerge that require their attention in respect of safety, risk, compliance or standards or if a matter is likely to cause a delay to a forecasted job completion or training requirements.
Complete any training allocated to the role or position and ensure respective staff also complete this training.
Perform key/vehicle security duties within your workplace.
Perform other tasks which are reasonable and relevant to Serco at RAF Brize Norton as directed by the Serco Logistics Support Manager or Transport Manager or their Deputy.
What you need to do the job:
- Full Driving Licence with Category C and D.
- DCPC Licence for respective licences held.
- Holder of Digital Tachograph Card.
- Hold a colour perception category of the required standard to enable the issue of an Airfield Driving Permit.
- Conversance with; Road Transport Regulations, Tachograph and Drivers Hours Regulations, Working Time Directive for Mobile Workers, Driver Licencing, RAF MT Regulation or equivalent and RAF Brize Norton Airfield Driving Regulations.
- Awareness of Operator's Licence responsibilities.
- Knowledge of load and load restraint
- Proven ability in supervisory management.
- ADR Awareness particularly relating to clinical waste.
- Previous experience on relevant vocational licence and capable of driving to an acceptable standard.
- Must be competent in the use of the Microsoft Office package and possess a high standard of oral communication skills.