Our Employment, Skills and Enterprise business is a leading integrator of funding, providers and systems in the employability and vocational skills sectors in England and Wales. Our Serco Skills element manages a growing range of vocational skills programmes in England and we are transitioning from the exclusive use of end to end sub-contractors to a mixture of self-delivery, end to end sub-contractors and a hybrid delivery model where Serco will be responsible for managing the Learner Finder stage of the Learner journey and to ensure our success we are currently recruiting a Learner Recruitment Manager.
Your key responsibility as Learner Recruitment Manager is to will be to develop and manage the Learner Finder programme for Serco Skills. You'll have a high amount of autonomy within the role and will be required to set up and grown the learner function. Other duties include:
- Lead the development of the team and processes of the Learner Recruitment process;
- Work with colleagues to set up referral routes, specifically, from employability and skills programmes
- Work with Marketing to develop B2B and B2C digital marketing campaigns
- Commission providers of inward and outward bound B2B and B2C campaigns
- At all stages, ensure we are compliant with our OFSTED obligations and the contract obligations with our funders;
- Manage change to the Learner Recruitment workstream;
- Manage the performance and motivation of the team, supporting learning and development of direct reports
What you'll need to do the role:
If you have experience in a similar role where you have been responsible for the set up and management of a learner function either within an FE or Adult Education environment, then we want to hear from you! While the role will manage a small team that will expand functions grows, much of the role will use internal or third party agents or involve working closely with colleagues as peers. Therefore, experience of working within a matrix structure, and being able to influence colleagues and work collaboratively with peers will be a key to execute this role successfully. Other requirements include:
- Qualified to NVQ level 4 or above in a business or management discipline
- Experience of working in an ESFA or OFSTED governed environment.
- Experience of planning and managing marketing campaigns (digital and traditional) to recruit learners onto government funded training programmes, working to monthly enrolment targets.
- Strong and effective people management experience
- Effective research skills.
- Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that truly touch people's lives;
- A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways;
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £41,000-£47,000 (dependent upon skills and experience)
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- An autonomous and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly a Disability Confident level 3 employer and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.