Job Title: Learning From Experience Support Administrator 12 months FTC
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Business Unit: Central Services
About the role
The SHEF department within Babcock Marine and Nuclear sector at Devonport is responsible for enabling safe delivery. The SHEF department (incorporating Safety, Health, Environment and Fire) work in partnership with each of Devonport's five Business Areas to provide a service that enable delivery to be risk-informed and well-prepared.
You'll help by supporting the business areas by enabling them to learn from events and observations as well as providing insights into areas for improvement.
Specifically the role will help to administer and operate an effective Learning from Experience (LFE) system to collect, analyse and publicise all events to enable the Company to "learn from experience".
* Responsible for supporting the data collection from the reporting system and generation of output data as required by the OPEX Manager - including the allocation and re-allocation of events as required.
* Be responsible on request to put together Accident totals, Hours worked and frequency rates.
* Using information received from the LFE advisors build Alert Briefs, reports and dashboards as required.
* Assist in the daily screening meetings by producing and distributing the relevant reports, ensure meeting invites are sent to the required individuals and have responsibility for booking meeting rooms as required.
* Provide the administrative support in the collation of LFE from internal and external source and update the lessons learnt database including feedback as required.
This role represents an excellent platform for development and future opportunities.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths and English NVQ 2 in Business and Administration and be familiar in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This role represents an excellent platform for development and future opportunities
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 30/11/2020