Job Title: Learning Support Trainer (English & Maths)
Location: United Kingdom - Hybrid with essential travel throughout Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex & Surrey areas
Compensation: £28,020 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42428
Babcock International Group Babcock are currently looking to recruit a Learning Support Trainer to work remotely, supporting a caseload of learners with additional needs, to achieve their Functional Skills qualifications in both English and Maths.
This role can be delivered from and with expected travel to Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex & Surrey areas and offers Hybrid working arrangement.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has experience with effectively delivering training, to a group of individuals with learning difficulties, and someone that understands the work-based learning environment for those learners with additional needs, not limited to but including dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting a caseload of learners who are currently studying to achieve their English & Maths qualifications. Your role will be to provide support, guidance, assessment and monitoring throughout their qualification, from enrolment to completion. You will manage your own diary and travel plans, supporting learners throughout Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex & Surrey areas
Key duties will include:
* Interpretation of initial assessment and diagnostic assessments to formulate a learning plan.
* Manage a caseload of learners to achieve Functional Skills ensuring they are test ready within the required target date.
* Manage the eLearning platform for modules & levels assigned, at the same time as continually reviewing progress against the specification of each Functional skill.
* Deliver learning sessions to include e-learning modules & 1 to 1 sessions in the learners workplace.
* Ensure learner support evidence is recorded onto Etrack adhering to audit requirements.
* Communicate with Regional Trainers & Training Managers to ensure progress is communicated and opportunities to contextualise the learning are explored with the Trainer.
The experience you'll bring
* Must have a good understanding of Maths & English.
* Ideally have a teaching qualification.
* Level 2 qualifications in Maths & English is essential.
* Ideally have previously taught Maths & English.
* Must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance.
* Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement.
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance.
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future.
* Share ownership scheme.
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.