At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That's why we're building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
You will work in the Corporate Drawdown team within Lending Fulfilment in Credit Enablement. You will liaise with Front Office to review internally and externally drafted documentation vs sanction, collect all requirements for drawdown and hand over to the Booking and Funding team for transaction pay out and activation. You will see various corporate lending products and sectors.
The difference you will make.
- Reviewing / documenting facility letters, amendment letters and associated documentation in line with credit submissions and approvals and monitoring transaction progress
- Liaising with front office and credit teams where necessary at each stage of the lending fulfilment process
- Acting as ongoing liaison/advisor to In-Life / Back Office Teams as required on certain transactions
- Liaising with Commercial Clients customers and Bank Panel solicitors to support the end to end lending fulfilment journey (for the Case Manager role).
- Providing accurate handover information to the Booking and Funding Team and other In Life Teams
What you will bring.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of lending products related documentation and experience of dealing with lending fulfilment.
- Thorough understanding of operational risk, including documentation risk.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Ability to manage stakeholders, work to tight deadlines and prioritise work effectively
- Knowledge of LMA documentation (for the Corporate Drawdown role)
- Numerate, good analytical skills and attention to detail
- nCino and ALFA5 systems knowledge
What else you need to know.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This role is currently dual location based principally working from home with two days per month in Manchester.
This is a permanent position
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including: Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
What to do next:
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.