LGV 2 Driver
Here at DHL Express UK, we are an employer of choice, a recognised Top Employer and specialists in providing Excellence, Simply Delivered. You could join our team of over 4000 employees dedicating themselves in Connecting People and Changing Lives through express delivery of parcels and international shipments from some of the best loved and most widely recognised brands across the globe.
DHL Express UK is part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group - the world’s most international company. We operate in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, enabling us to provide exceptional national and international career development opportunities. Within DHL Express’s pursuit to be The Logistics Company of the World we engage in a number of initiatives such as – Go Teach, Go Green and Go Help.
Certified International Specialists
>From Operations to Sales, Customer Services and Corporate Functions our mission remains the same, to provide Excellence. Simply Delivered to achieve this our Certified International Specialist programme builds a common culture and provides the specialised knowledge our employees need to do their job competently and confidently.
Our values and culture are DHL Express UK are an extremely important aspect of our business. We embody our culture in three core attributes;
• Head: Being Results Orientated & Leveraging Strengths
• Heart: Providing Purpose & Having and Creating Trust
• Guts: Being Positive about Challenge, Uncertainty and Change & Focussing on Clear Priorities
In addition to ‘Head, Heart and Guts’. We promote an open and honest feedback culture based on Results & Respect, whereby our employees respect one another, embrace diversity and inclusion and drive employee engagement, every day and everywhere whilst never compromising on integrity and compliance.
Do you want to be part of a company that connects millions of people worldwide? Do you have the drive to make a difference? Click Apply Now!
Tasks and Responsibilities
As an LGV Driver for DHL Express UK, you will be a frontline representative of the company, responsible for the safe and timely delivery and collection of secure shipments to and from our Service Centre and Hub facilities. The post holder is directly responsible for enhancing the customer experience at every stage through a conscientious and dedicated approach to tasks.
• Complete daily vehicle safety checks, safe loading / securing load of vehicle, report maintenance defects, adhere to Tachograph & Working Time Directive legislative / regulations and adherence to company driving standards, as per the initial driving assessment, Fuel Efficiency & Telematics’ training.
• Complete scheduled deliveries and collections of shipments of a variety of weights
• Sort and prioritise workload to ensure time commitments are met
• Ensure correct completion of DHL / Customer data and documentation, airway bills, JD numbers, HUID numbers post codes etc
• Accurately record working and driving hours to comply with road transport regulations
• Loading / unloading (shipments vary in weight between 0.5kg and 1500kg)
• Achieving targets, productivity, service, compliance and commercial
• Scanning and working quickly and efficiently to ensure warehouse deadlines are met.
• Adhere to country laws/regulations and company procedures/ standards in regard to Safety and Security
• Adhere to customs / import / export procedures as applicable
• Ensure any potential security breaches or concerns are brought to the attention of supervisor/manager without delay
• There may be a requirement to undertake a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) in relation to certain duties and procedures.
Our Promise to You - Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Eligibility to participate in performance related bonus schemes
• Generous holiday entitlement increasing with years completed service
• Company pension scheme with excellent contribution rates
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Generous company sick pay
• A competitive package of voluntary benefits including retail, entertainment, gym membership discounts, cash dental plans and more
• Discounted Health Assessments
• Access to professional employee assistance, wellbeing programme and qualified mental health first aiders
• Excellent training and development opportunities with a strong focus on internal promotion
Your Profile - Skillsets and Attributes
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to make decisions and work under pressure
• Strong initiative and sound judgement and decision making
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible working approach as overtime may be required
• Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent operational process knowledge
• Ability to establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
• Self-motivated with ability to work alone for extended periods
• Knowledge of UK DFT Security & Health & Safety processes and regulations
• C1, 7.5 ton License
• CPC Card
• Experience within a similar role
• Apply now and upload your CV online.
• If your CV has been shortlisted one of our Recruitment & Talent Advisor’s will contact you within 5-10 days to discuss further details.
• Please note: Due to the nature of our business we are regulated by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority), therefore it is compulsory for all applicants once offered employment to provide a full 5 year employment history. Additional to this we are required to carry out a Criminal Record check.